Your support makes a difference
The North Craven Building Preservation Trust is a Registered Charity (no. 505438). We care for The Folly, Dr Buck’s House and the Zion Chapel in Settle. We receive no regular government funding and rely on grants and donations to preserve and restore historic local architecture and run the Museum of North Craven Life.
The coronavirus crisis has caused a dramatic fall in our income, which comes mainly from our visitors. Your contribution enables us to keep entry to the Museum of North Craven Life free for everyone to enjoy.
There are lots of ways to help:
Whether you would like to make a one-off donation or set up a more regular payment, we welcome all contributions to support the work we do. There are many ways to donate, some of which won’t cost you a penny!
With your help we can:
- not just survive, but thrive!
- support more school visits to the museum
- conserve and display our precious collections
- renovate the Zion Chapel and Zion Hall for community use
- renovate Dr Buck’s House to provide much-needed rental accommodation
Become a Supporter
Through membership, events and donations, our Supporters raise money that is used for conservation work at The Folly and the Zion Chapel, and to expand the Museum of North Craven Life through acquisitions.
Recently, our Supporters have helped us:
- reopen to the public in 2020 and 2021
- acquire the renowned Horner Collection for the Museum and the people of North Craven
Our Supporters also receive a range of benefits.
Leave a Legacy
We rely on the generosity of people like you to help to protect the future of The Folly. Legacies help us care for North Craven’s heritage for years to come. You can play a significant part in inspiring future generations and enabling us to secure the future of historic and architecturally important buildings at risk.
- We were only able to purchase The Folly itself through a generous legacy
Leaving a gift in your will is a brilliant way to make a lasting impact.