Plan your visit
Step inside and discover The Folly, a 17th century gentleman’s residence in the heart of historic Settle.
Find out how Settle grew from a small village into the thriving town we know today and uncover some of the stories of its past.
The Museum of North Craven Life is open:
Tuesday – Saturday 11:00am to 4:00pm.
Closed on Sundays and Mondays except bank holidays
The Coffee House is open Monday-Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm.
Closed on Sundays
Find us in Settle
THE FOLLY Victoria Street Settle North Yorkshire BD24 9EY
There is no parking at The Folly but we are only a 2 minute walk (125m) from the ‘pay & display’ car park at Greenfoot.
- Greenfoot Car Park: BD24 9RB
- Ashfield Car Park (5 minutes away): BD24 9AA
- Whitefriars Car Park (5 minutes away): BD24 9JD
From the Market Place
We are just a couple of minutes walk (150 metres) from the Market Place.
- Take the road to the right of The Shambles and to the left of the Town Hall
- Walk along High Street past The Talbot Arms and the King William Guest House.
- We can be found on the left hand side of the road opposite Fox Kitchens.
From the Railway Station
We are only a 5 minute walk from the Railway Station.
- Exit the Station and turn right along Station Road to the junction with Duke Street.
- Turn left along Duke Street and after 50 metres (just past the Pelican Crossing) turn right along Chapel Street.
- We can be found at the far end of Chapel Street.
Entry to the Museum is via three uneven steps. Entry to the Coffee House via is four uneven steps with handrail.
To access The Folly in a wheelchair, go to the right past the Museum door. At the end of the building, follow the path between the building and driveway to enter both Museum and Coffee House by a rear door. Wheelchair users may access the first floor of the building via our driveway. We regret that there is currently no wheelchair access to the second floor.
Toilets, including disabled toilets and baby change, are located on the ground floor of The Folly.
We serve vegan, vegetarian and gluten free products in our Coffee House. We can cater for other requirements with 24 hours advance notice. Please call 01729 825185 to discuss any dietary requirements with us.
We are a breastfeeding friendly venue. Formula and baby food can be heated up at no charge by our Coffee House team. We have children’s meals on our menu and can provide a child’s portion of other meals if required.
Dogs are welcome on the ground floor of the Museum and in the Coffee House only. Guide dogs are welcome throughout the building.
Please contact us if you have any special access requirements and we will do all we can to assist.
Admission is presently free for everyone.