The museum holds a wide range of fascinating historic objects, photographs, documents, books, paintings, print, film and audio. The collections team support the Honorary Curator to research, catalogue, care for, develop and display our collection.
- Scanning, re-housing, researching and cataloguing the Horner Photographic Collection
- Working with village history groups to develop a photographic record of each village in our area
- Helping us to develop and maintain our IT infrastructure
Recent projects include
- Researching the life of local philanthropist Walter Morrison for the Walter Morrison Festival
- Creating temporary exhibitions on the history of medicine, local geology and the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak.
- Handlisting a major archival donation
“If you’re interested in local history, or just like to put objects in order, there’re many different aspects to volunteering at The Folly. I’ve worked on the computer database, painted signs and jigsaws, drawn out floorplans and written text for exhibitions – there’s always something new to take part in” – Volunteer Heather M